Monday, February 3, 2014

So Tribal!

I really like doing a tribal hair garden when I do the traditional ATS-inspired costuming, but I often feel like it leaves the front of my head looking pretty plain. Well, NOT ANYMORE! I purchased this awesome kuchi headpiece from a vendor that was sadly going out of business, and now I have mad tribal style. Or something like that.

Of course, now I need to figure out how to make it stay put. I thought that bobby pins would be enough, but no, halfway through practicing a 3 minute song, that bad boy was down over my eyes and making a break for my nose. I think I need to attach some clips and/or combs to it, and maybe also put on a little hairspray for extra grip. Hopefully I'll be able to make it work in time to wear it for Open Stage this week.

2 comments:

  1. I love these clips! They're meant for holding wigs and extensions, and they don't go *anywhere*. You can also find them locally at any place that sells fake hair, like Sally's. http://www.amazon.com/Clip-hair-extension-black-20pcs/dp/B003GZWYVO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393003083&sr=8-4&keywords=snap+clips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have some of that style lying around, I'll try sewing them onto this headpiece, thanks! I think you and I have a pretty similar hair-type so if they work well for you they should work well for me :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!