Thursday, December 23, 2010

Welcome and Introductions

(Me, waiting for All Souls Procession to start, November 2010)

Hello, and welcome to my new dancing blog. I've started this blog primarily to document my attempts to get at least 30 minutes of dance practice every day in 2011. In the days leading up to January 1st I'll fill this space with general chatter about what sort of things I want to practice and what I hope to accomplish. In addition, I'll be using this space to talk about belly dancing in general, share links to videos, costumes, music, discuss my addiction to pants (hence the title), and just generally try to keep you entertained.

A little introduction for those who haven't come over from my other blog or Facebook... My name is AJ, and I primarily do Improvised Tribal Style Belly Dance, as taught by Anaya Tribal in Tempe, Arizona. I've also dabbled in American Tribal Style, Tribal Fusion, and a little Egyptian, but ITS is what I study on a weekly basis at Plaza de Anaya.

I love belly dance in all its forms. I love to watch it, I love to do it, and I love to discuss it. I enjoy the costuming, the makeup, and especially the music! As this blog goes on, I'll get into more detail on my favorite dancers, styles of costuming, bands and songs.

Thank you for dropping by! Please feel free to leave a comment with an introduction, I'd love to know who my readers are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!