Friday, May 3, 2013
1. Mica Beauty Cosmetics in Green.
2. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics in Mint.
3. LASplash in Radiant Ivy. I really like that name, don't you?
4. Belle Pierre Cosmetics in Greentastic. I like that name, too!
5. Medusa's Makeup in Antoinette.
6. NYX in Pink. I can't find this glitter on their website so I think they don't make it anymore!
7. Blume Bauer Sparklies in Green with Envy.
1. This is a very fine micro-glitter, possibly the finest in my collection, in a pure emerald green. I wore it all day on Wednesday and had zero fall-out, so I'd call that a WIN! I can't find green on their website, but they have some other pretty colors. Because it's so fine, it doesn't have as much impact as larger glitter, so it's better suited for gigs where you'll be close to the audience.
2. Also relatively fine and very sparkly pale green. I wore this alongside 2, which was a bad idea because they're so similar I couldn't tell which one was falling out on my face. Seems to have stayed on pretty well.
3. Fine clear glitter with green iridescence. I think this was the fallout culprit in last night's look and it doesn't seem to have stayed very well, so I'd say you can probably pass on this one even though it's such a pretty color.
4. Bright iridescent green. I like this one for big stage shows because it is so sparkly, it really has a big impact! I'd recommend wearing it over a darker eyeshadow so it doesn't look too neon, unless that's what you're looking for.
5. Fine ruby red. I bought this to wear over lipstick and it did the job perfectly. Looks kind of like crushed rubies, stays in place well. A good buy if you want to do the red glitter lip look.
6. This is what I've previously been using for my glitter lips. It's a little chunkier than all these micro glitters, and I am not a fan of the packaging, it's kind of hard to get the glitter out. But this iridescent pink is a nice choice to put over winter red, wine and purple lipsticks to soften them, so you may want to look for a similar shade in a different brand.
7. Nice medium green micro-glitter. I like this color because it's very leafy and looks good with the olive eyeshadow colors I prefer. I wore it last night and had some fallout while applying, but none once it was on. Disclaimer: I am Facebook friends with Blume, but I don't think that makes me biased. This is objectively a nice glitter product.
The results: I danced 4 numbers at Open Stage. By the end of the night I had a little glitter fallout, my lips were still quite sparkly, and unfortunately, my eye glitter had started to build up in my crease. Ugh. But I was still pretty glittery, so not a total loss.
I hope that maybe I've introduced all you glitter-loving bellydancers to some new brands, or given you some ideas of what to shop for and what to avoid. Do you have a favorite glitter brand that I didn't review? Would you like to see more of one of the colors I didn't use in this week's look? Let me know in the comments!