Friday, July 26, 2013

I bought nail polish on Etsy!

Somehow, although I love nail polish and I love shopping on Etsy, I hadn't yet combined those two things. I guess it was because there was so much nail polish that I could buy in the store, without paying shipping, so I went for instant gratification. I bookmarked a few shops but hadn't gotten around to ordering any yet... until Literary Lacquers released their Anne of Green Gables line, and I saw that it included a yummy emerald green holographic glitter, which was exactly what I needed in my life.

I really love the concept behind Literary Lacquers, which is nail polish inspired by favorite books. Oddly enough, I've never actually read any of the books that inspire her collections, but I'm sure eventually she'll have to have a Lord of the Rings or American Gods collection, right?

I bought Green Gables and I took the time last night to give myself a really good manicure. I buffed my nails, did a base coat, let it dry between every coat, and finished it with a top coat. The result is a really smooth, really shiny and sparkly nail.

So far I'm really impressed with the quality. The color went on smoothly and so far has held up to numerous hand-washings and chores and even bathing all of my makeup brushes and my manicure still looks pristine. The color is a little sheer, it took three coats for me to get a mostly-opaque application, but it looked good at two coats too, just not as intense as I wanted.

But is it good for bellydancers? Oh yes. It would be perfect to match a sparkly cab costume made with holographic fabric or adorned with holographic sequins (check her shop for other shades of holographic glitter if you're not a green girl like me). For those of us who are more tribal-inclined, it obviously won't go with darker costumes or a more traditional ATS-inspired costume, but it would be great with a bright green costume and especially fun if you're performing at a faerie festival or other fantasy event. I just held it up against my green Flip'N Tribal belt and it looks great with the green-dyed lace.

My apologies for the poorly-lit picture, by the way. I was going to go take a nice one out in the sunshine so you could fully appreciate the holographic glitter effect, but then a monsoon blew in. Such is life in Tucson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!