Friday, August 23, 2013

New lip products from Urban Decay

 Please forgive the less than awesome nature of this photo, I should really allow myself more than 15 minutes to do my makeup before class. Anyway: fuchsia lipstick!
I figured I should try the new color-coordinated Revolution Lipstick and 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil from Urban Decay, because I do love things to match and it's so frustrating sometimes to find pencils and lipsticks that work perfectly together. You'd think that every company would make perfectly complimenting colors, but I have not found that to be the case.
I chose Jilted, a fuchsia-pink shade. The lipstick has a cool blue shift, which I thought was nifty and also probably a good way to tone down any yellowness in ones teeth. The liner does not have blue shimmer, but it does otherwise match perfectly, as you can see in this hand swatch:
What a nice color! I do feel like it's a bit intense for my skin tone, I definitely would never do it for day-wear and I felt like I should have done more with my eyes to balance it out... That said, it's also kind of fun to wear ridiculous fuchsia with blue shimmer lipstick. If I ever go to an 80s or glam-rock themed party, you KNOW this is what I am breaking out!

Both the liner and the lipstick went on pretty smoothly and delivered intense color. The lipstick is not very sticky and didn't leave a bunch of color on my water bottle during dance class. It stayed in place pretty well for an hour of drilling, so that's pretty good! However, my lips also felt pretty dry while using it, so definitely make sure you're well-moisturized before applying it. I like the formula enough that I might pick it up in other colors too! I think this will be a good one for dancers. There are a lot of shades in this collection that are intense enough to really pop on the big stage, and having perfectly-matching liners makes it easy to fill out your lips if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!