Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back to basics

Tonight's classes were all about going back to basics and making sure they're not sloppy. We worked on walking, and then walking with mayas, and then layering mayas over weird foot patterns. Then in drills class we drilled arms and chests and hips, saving the crazy layering for last instead of making it the focus of class.

We even got some homework! Every day for a week, I need to pick one thing that I think I'm good at and drill it to several songs in a row. This is going to be hard for me, simply because I hate doing anything for a long time. I get bored! I do have to admit that I might not end up doing it over the weekend, too, since I have the Amy Sigil workshops and show. I should be able to fit in one song each day, but not necessarily a good 10-15 of solid drilling. I probably won't have the energy, even if I have the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!