Monday, January 9, 2012

Dentistry

Today I added another place to the list of unusual spots to practice dance! I had to get my first (and hopefully last?) root canal today, and I spent some time while waiting between steps to do glute squeezes, finger waves, and floreos! I found that doing little isolations helped to distract me from the discomfort of having my poor jaw forced open for almost an hour. Then to distract myself from listening to the drill, I tried to replay favorite belly dance performances in my head, but unfortunately I don't have a very photographic memory. Sadly I ended up having to skip Jolie's class because of the root canal -- once the Novacaine wore off, my jaw started throbbing in time with my heartbeat. Yuck! The pain seems to be tapering off so I should be ready for two hours of dance fun tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!