Friday, January 20, 2012

First and Last

You should come to this show!!!!

Reasons why you should come to this show:

It's Amy Sigil's first time performing in Tucson. She's pretty freakin' awesome and it's rare for Tucson to have a big name dancer like her come to town.

It's my first performance of 2012!

It's Anaya Tribe's first Tucson performance.

It's my last performance with Anaya Tribe.

Yes, I am sad to announce that I will be leaving Anaya Tribe at the end of January. It's an amicable parting, caused entirely by the fact that between rising fuel costs and my increasing dance commitments in Tucson, I cannot continue to make 6-8 trips to Tempe a month. I will still be taking classes with Cari and Tiffany of Anaya Tribal every other week, and I look forward to continuing to be friends with my classmates and former troupemates.

This was a really hard decision to make, and has been behind a lot of my angst and brief blog posts lately. Dancing with Anaya was my main goal for much of the time I've been taking dance classes and it was hard to admit to myself that I simply could not continue doing it anymore.

But anyway, you really should come to the show on the 28th because the lineup is phenomenal! I hope to see you there! Visit the Facebook Event Page for more information!

2 comments:

  1. That must have been really tough. Sorry you had to make that choice. You know it will all work out though, right? Have a blast at the workshop and at the show!
    xo,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will all work out and I think this was the best decision for me. I LOVE Anaya and my troupemates, but the constant long drives and weekends away from home (perform on Saturday, stay overnight for troupe practice Sunday morning) was making me really resentful. Now I can still see my friends at class every other week, and dance with them at student recitals, without feeling drained and over-committed.

    Wish you were going to be here this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!