Sunday, August 28, 2011

Anaya Tribe!!!

Days 239 and 240 of practice.

Saturday was a lazy practice day -- I hurt my foot and wanted to take it easy so I could be ready today. Did my sword drills and a few other things but no major dancing.

But today, today was an awesome day! I got up at 7am so I could get up to Tempe for my first-ever troupe practice! I'm now an official member of the Anaya Tribe and I am SO EXCITED! This is a big step forward for my dance goals, and practice was so much fun -- no breaking moves down for new students, just dancing and perfecting and getting ready for upcoming performances.

After practice, I grabbed lunch with a couple troupemates (I have troupemates!), then went out shopping, hung out talking about tattoos and hair, and then went to the MECDA Sunday Shakedown, where I got to enjoy being an audience member.

All in all, a very fun day... but that getting up at 7am is a killer... I'm so tired and I still have to go put a sword on my head for five minutes!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Remember the ABC's of being in a troupe. Always Be Courteous, no matter how much you want to strangle someone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, yes! I do not want troupe drama, and I definitely don't want to be the source of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't have a troupe without some sort of drama happening from time to time. I've been really luck with The Black Opals. Everyone works hard to keep the drama to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that! I hope I'll get to see you perform sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!