Monday, August 22, 2011

Still taking it easy

Day 234 of practice.

So at this point I pretty much have to admit that I am NOT practicing 30 minutes every day. But I am still making a point to practice every day, even if I'm sick or tired or traveling. And once I'm all better, I have a lot of things I want to add to my daily practice to bring it over 30 minutes each day.

When I started this, it was easy to think that I'd suck it up and practice for half an hour no matter how bad I felt or how busy I was. And many days I did, and I still want to aim for that goal on days where I'm not sick and exhausted. It's just that right now I find myself unexpectedly tired by the time the house cools down at night. I blame all the housework I did today. If I'd been lazy, I'd have plenty of energy for dancing!

So today's practice was a bit of dancing while I cleaned, some hand isolations, and some mayas. Tomorrow will hopefully be better!

6 comments:

  1. It's the heat. I'm blaming everything on this stupid heat. I want to move to the Pacific Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let's run away to Portland together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be moving there someday. Maybe Oregon, maybe Washington. It's been my dream for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such good things about that area. I'm really looking forward to seeing Portland someday when I go up for the 8 Elements workshops :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're going to try to make it up there for the annual rose festival which runs from late May to mid June. Hopefully Rachel will have something fun going on at her studio during that time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful vacation to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!