Tuesday, March 12, 2013

12 Days In

This image is from the comic Happle Tea, so if you find it funny, please follow the link and read some archives. It's a favorite of mine!

Well, this month has just flown by already! Here I am, 12 days into my 30 day challenge. I planned to post weekly updates but it's taken me over a week and a half to do one, so whatever. Diets are boring to read about anyway, right?

So how am I doing? Amazingly I have managed to stick to my diet pretty well. I've only slipped up once by eating a cookie (and it was a really good cookie, so I regret nothing), and I've only had one cheating meal and even then I kept it pretty healthy other than, you know, having a milkshake for dessert. I am finding that it is really easy to stick to my diet when it comes to planning meals at home, but when we go out I have to run a mental list of the menus at our favorite places and think of where has something that fits my plan and tastes good. Snacking is also a bit of a struggle, because I'm accustomed to just going into my kitchen and "grazing" when the mid-afternoon hungries hit.

I've rediscovered a love of smoothies. Chris and I have been having fun figuring out what all fruits and veg we can throw in the blender for delicious combinations. That's been my lunch of choice most days, especially after a jog.

Hydration has proven to be a little more difficult, as some days I just plain forget to drink my water for most of the day. I've always been like that.

Training has been iffy since I was so busy getting ready for WWWC, but now that that is behind me I'm looking forward to working hard for the rest of the month! The weather is really nice for jogging, I'm hoping it will stay that way. I'm also hoping to rediscover my dance inspiration and practice a lot at home between classes again.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled non-diet-related programming.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!