Monday, March 4, 2013

Fighting with my music

Music and I have not been getting along for the past week or so. I've been trying to find new things to dance to, or rather, things I already have but have not performed to yet, and I'm just not really liking anything. I had to go way back to something from the 90s for open stage this coming Thursday, and then I had to fight with editing it, because I am bad at that.

I don't know if it's burnout, or if I'm feeling the pressure to just really make amazing choices, or if I'm still feeling a little bummed out and thus not really connecting to anything. I can get into music in class, but there I don't have to pick it out, and I'm also soaking up the good attitude of my troupemates.

I probably need to spend some time just listening to things, without worrying about whether I can dance to it or whether someone else has already performed to it locally or whether a famous dancer has an iconic choreo set to that particular song. I need to remember how to enjoy music for music's sake, and maybe then I can find some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!