Sunday, July 17, 2011

Things I can do while reading

Day 197 of practice.

I don't mention it a lot on this blog, but I am actually a nerd (there goes my femme fatale image) and a big-time reader, especially of fantasy books. After 5 years of waiting for it to be written, and all week waiting for it to actually arrive in the mail, my copy of A Dance With Dragons is finally in my hot little hands and perhaps understandably, I have spent all day reading it instead of dancing.

So what sort of practice can I do while reading? With paperbacks, I often sit splay-legged on the floor to practice my glute squeezes. Or I'll alternate which hand holds the book, with the other hand doing floreos or other exercises. But this is a 900+ page hardcover. It's almost too big to handle and I'm starting to understand the appeal of an eReader. This book my outweigh the smaller of my two cats!

Belly rolls seem like the best answer, so that's what I'm off to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!