Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Belly rolls annoy my cat

Day 39 of practice.

I'm getting lazy and falling into a bad habit of considering breakfast shimmies and evening belly rolls as acceptable practice even on days I'm not working at a gem show. I'd like to blame it on being unreasonably tired, but I really should have practiced earlier in the day when I had energy.

There's only a little over a month until my next scheduled performance at a local hafla, and since I want to do a veil piece, I should really be practicing with my veil. I think I'll do some daytime practice tomorrow, even though an hour and a half at Dance Loft will more than fulfill my daily practice obligations. I think that getting back to class will also help me get back to practicing, as I'll be learning new things that I'll want to drill between classes.

As for the title of this post, my big fluffy Maine Coon mix decided to get into my lap while I was practicing belly rolls, then proceeded to twitch irritably whenever I pushed my belly out into his fuzz. But he's still less disruptive than the dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!