Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bleh

Day 54 of practice.

To be perfectly honest, I don't feel like dancing today. I'm not in a good mood, I'm not feeling particularly optimistic about my dance future (or other elements of my future either, for that matter), and this goal to dance for 30 minutes every day feels like a silly, superfluous thing, especially when I've been fudging it so much lately. I couldn't even muster up the enthusiasm to actually dance, even with quiet music, but I was tired of doing belly rolls, so I'm dancing in my chair to some very quiet Beats Antique. I'm only doing it because my husband practically forced me to. I'm sure later, I'll thank him for not letting me throw my goal away, but right now I'd rather be in my warm bed.

And why do I need practice at home? Because once again, life kept me from being able to go to the Dance Loft. You'd think that going to classes at a studio 5 minutes away would be easier than driving an hour and a half to Tempe, but no. Thursday has already been consecrated as Dance Class Day, observed constantly unless I am sick, or working gem show, or out of town, or class has been canceled. But Wednesday is a newcomer to the schedule, still prone to being thrown off course. But no more. I think I'll get a stack of frozen entrees to keep in the freezer, and if it looks like dinner plans will interfere with my ability to get to class, I'll just nuke something and then be on my merry way.

If I am going to keep doing this thing, I need to be firmer about saying "No, I need to dance." Also, instead of wasting time waiting for other people to be ready to proceed with plans, I should dance while I wait.

(In short, other people ruin my plans because I let them. Also, I want to go to bed instead of doing isolations while I type)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!