Saturday, February 26, 2011

I gave myself a rain check

Day 57 of practice, sort of.

You may have noticed that I didn't blog yesterday. I also didn't dance yesterday. Why? I was SICK! I had some stomach issues, and I was utterly exhausted. The tummy problems ruled out belly rolls, and nausea and dancing just don't combine well. I was going to do some arm isolations and maybe some zills, you know, take it easy, but instead I fell asleep.

Dreaming of dancing doesn't technically count as practice, I suppose.

After over 12 hours of sleep, I woke up this morning feeling much better, and I'm back in the dancing saddle. Today I started going through the belly dance music CDs that I purchased at the Borders going-out-of-business sale, and I started my flashcard project (making flash cards for all of my Anaya Tribal moves, and eventually probably flash cards for all the combos from prop classes that I have handouts from). After setting up a new homework play list, I got half an hour of practice -- shimmy warm-up, veil practice, Anaya Tribal fast and slow, solo, knee shimmy drills and lots of stretching.

Tomorrow, I plan to get an hour of practice to make up for the half-hour I missed yesterday. If the weather's good (which it probably won't be), I'll take my zills for a walk around the block. If the weather's bad, I'll do some drills from a DVD. And I'll definitely keep going through my music and working on my flashcards.

So my year of practice won't be quite perfect, but I don't intend to let missing one day throw me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!