Sunday, February 13, 2011

Veil details

Day 44 of practice.

Most of my practice today involved shimmying through the house with my dance playlist on. My traveling shimmies are much better when I'm just goofing off and not thinking about them... When I do them at class, and have an actual goal in mind, I look and feel ridiculous. Hopefully all the home practice will eventually produce results that show in class and performances.

Speaking of performances, the rest of my practice involved working on different little things with my veil, with an eye towards my performance next month. Rather than working to music, I experimented with trying a few things I had been curious about, different entrance and exit possibilities, level changes with veil, a touch of floorwork, and some transitions. Tomorrow I'll try them to music, in the context of a dance, and see what sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!