Monday, May 30, 2011

Burned out

Day 149 of practice.

I think it's time to admit that I'm burned out! I mean, I'm not going to let it stop me or anything, but I just have no enthusiasm for dance practice right now. I know I should be practicing moves from class, and working on my Convivio solo, but all I do is drill isolations and exercises while doing other things, because I just don't feel like dancing. I'll dance around if a good song comes on while I clean, so at least I still like dancing. I just don't like practicing.

Today was lower abs and pelvic floor muscles and glutes and obliques and floreos. All good things. Now if only my passion for really dancing and practicing and being at my personal best would come back. I think tomorrow I'll tear down the extra table and force myself to practice some DC skirt combos no matter what, otherwise I will really fall behind in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!