Sunday, May 22, 2011

Orange dog says "Less practice, more petting!"

Day 142 of practice.

Tonight I was sitting on the couch watching Dr. Who Season 5 and practicing some isolations. I decided I felt like doing more super-slow arms, so there I was, sloooooowly pushing my hands in and out. Well, my little orange corgi Daisy was lying next to me, in hopes of getting some belly rubs, and she couldn't stand the fact that my arms were doing something other than petting her! She started pawing at me with her little stubby legs. So of course I had to take a puppy break. Orange dog will not be denied!

I also practiced knee shimmies and glute shimmies and did the exercise to eventually get my layered Arabic shimmy, and did some shoulder exercises from the Deb Rubin workshops. Plus of course my tooth brushing shimmy drill this morning, and I also demonstrated a few different shimmies for my husband when he thoughtfully asked how my 3/4 layered shimmies were coming along. It was a veritable smorgasbord of practice today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!