Friday, May 20, 2011

Workin' out

Day 140 of practice.

Today was a day of afternoon exercise and practice. After spending a little time dancing while cleaning, I did a workout of squats, push-ups, shimmies and arm isolations, followed by practicing my Convivio solo because I'll probably be performing it next month.

On top of my usual classes and practice, I'm also doing Mahin's Shimmy Challenge from the Daily Belly Dance Quickie. Participants chose one shimmy to work on 2x a day while brushing their teeth. What could be easier? I'm working on a simple tic-toc on the down, because as simple as it is, I suck at it. I do too many hip-ups and not enough hip-drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!