Thursday, April 14, 2011

Class, class, and more class

Day 104 of practice.

Ahhh, Thursday. Three hours of dance class at Plaza de Anaya. I had fun. I tried to put a lot of the basic technique stuff that I learned from Mira's workshops into play. I watched a couple of my classmates perform solos. I learned drum rhythms. And then I drove home.

Along the way, I contemplated doing a completely different song for my solo, which would require a switch to slow moves instead of medium/fast. The truth is that after two friggin' months of practicing to it, I am kind of tired of Turbo Tabla 4, and I have a new song I absolutely love. I'll practice both this week, and if I feel comfortable with the new song by next Thursday, I'll use it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!