Friday, April 22, 2011

Successful Solo!

Day 111 of practice.

Whew! What a night! I performed my solo... you know, the one I've only been practicing for a week. I was unexpectedly super crazy nervous while I performed it... so nervous that I felt like I was visibly shaking and I was sure that everyone could see it. But they thought I looked happy and beautiful. The fact that I loved the song really shone through and overpowered the fact that I was suffering from an unusual bout of nerves. The song was a big hit. Hooray for having a husband who finds obscure songs for me :)

This was the last night of the session. We had a review and quiz for the Rhythm class, which was a lot of fun. I'm going to miss that class! Elissa Nova and Amanda Rose are both great teachers, and I enjoyed the fact that they gave us tests to keep us on our toes. And there were cupcakes! Hooray, cupcakes!

Also... daaaaaaaaance paaaaaaaaants! Next session I'm taking a skirt class, so I got some poofy green pantaloons to wear under my skirt. They're nice lightweight cotton so hopefully I won't feel too hot with two layers of clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!