Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In case you were wondering...

Day 116 of practice.

I discovered today that it is, in fact, possible to read a book while sitting on the floor and drilling knee shimmies by attempting to whack the backs of my knees against the ground. This is not an uncharacteristic experiment for me -- when I was a teenager I discovered that I could enliven boring errands by writing in a notebook while I followed my parents around the store.

Today's practice also included dancing to music, practicing zills, practicing spotting while spinning, and dancing around to music while I did housework. It was not a particularly spectacular practice, especially where the zills were concerned. I'm feeling generally off still (no headache, thankfully). Hopefully two nights in belly dance classes will rekindle my dancing fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!