Monday, June 20, 2011

Anaya Tribal Student Recital

 I apologize for the poor quality of this picture... My camera was clearly more interested in the back of Sam's head than in the fact that Kristen and I were dancing. This was us, mid body wave. What a difference almost 6 months of daily practice makes. Our last recital was in December and I was really worried because we had to do some slow in the chorus. But there I am happily leading slow!

We had a really small group this time around. Just Kristen, Jen, No-El, Amanda and I. Usually our recital groups are huge, so while I missed having more friends around, it was also nice that each person got to lead more than one move and spend less time in the chorus.
 My costume! I was definitely happy to be able to wear some of my more recent costume acquisitions. I wish my henna showed up better, though. By the way, in case you were wondering how white I really am... Look at the glare on my arm. This was taken without flash.
And because I'm totally obsessed with my hair and put as much thought into what to wear up there was on the entire rest of my body, here's a picture of the back of my head. Three tribal hairsticks (from the gem show!), an awesome skully clip from Kyla, and barely visible, a flower and feather clip from The Gypsy's Kiss. Plus a big ol' bun... yeah, that's all natural. No extensions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!