Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hot times at The Dance Loft

Day 173 of practice.

Apparently it was 112 degrees today. As such, it was still pretty hot when everyone got to The Dance Loft for class tonight. Fonda ended up changing a lot of her plans because I guess she didn't want to give us heat stroke. She's just nice that way! We did some fast, but mostly we did slow and talked about formations and plans for the future and how to do better snake arms and seaweed. It's funny how snake arms are one of the first things a newbie dancer learns, and they take the longest to master.

I'll probably do some solo practice later, but I figured I'd update the blog now while I had a few spare minutes.

2 comments:

  1. You seriously practice every single day? That's amazing. Where did you get the idea to do the 365 days of practice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi chella! Yes, every day! Well, except for one day when I was really sick and I fell asleep without practicing ;)

    I got the idea because my fellow dancing beadworker SaraBeth read about it on Lisa Zahiya's blog and decided to do it, and I thought it was a great idea and I would do it, too, and she and I could encourage each other through our blogs. Lisa started the "A Year of Practice" blog that's in my blog list to go with it, but it hasn't been updated in months, so I don't know if she's still doing it. But SaraBeth is still doing it, because she's hardcore like me! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!