Monday, March 14, 2011

Just not feeling it

Day 73 of practice.

As the title says, I just wasn't feeling it today. It's not that I didn't feel like practicing -- I mean, I set up a new Homework playlist, I included a song for my veil, I decided to go ahead and zill through my practice solo. I did Anaya Tribal Fast and Slow, and I did some just-for-fun dancing. But I felt off for almost the entire thing. There were some good bits in the just-for-fun where I was really hitting the beat well, but that was about it. Oh, and I did a really good one-armed spin while playing with my veil. If only I could have pulled that off during my performance! Stupid fan or something, messing up my catch.

My zills seemed to be not entirely awful, so that's good. I've been using them muffled, since my dogs hate the sound of zills, so it's hard to say how good or bad I really was, but I felt like I was mostly on-beat.

Hopefully tomorrow's practice will feel more inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!