Saturday, March 26, 2011

You want me to shimmy HOW fast?

Day 85 of practice.

Ah, the joys of live drummers! My day at the Renaissance Faire ended in some real practice -- nearly an hour of dancing at the Drum Jam. And not just bopping around, either. My friends and I practiced our tribal moves, and I also got some serious shimmy action going on when the drummers kept playing faster and faster and faster! It was great fun.

Although I'm still disappointed with how the belly dance contest was handled (and don't ask how it turned out, I didn't go), I'm glad that I decided to go out to Faire today. It was fun to see so many of my friends, watch some shows, enjoy a beautiful day, and spend time getting to know one of my local dance friends better. All this AND I got to wear a costume all day? I call that a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!