Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Small breakthroughs

Day 81 of practice.

Today I was practicing my solo while cooking breakfast. I felt like I needed to do that, because when I'm cooking breakfast, I can't sit there and do long Anaya Tribal combos. It allowed me to relax a bit more, listen to the music, and play with pairing short combos with little isolations to hit accents in the music. I think I may be on to something here. I'll try more tomorrow.

Tonight I got distracted by talking with a dance friend on Facebook, so I'm sitting here practicing belly rolls instead of dancing with my zills. I intended to take them for a walk yesterday, but the wind and rain had something to say about that. Perhaps I will not be as prepared for the throwdown as I thought -- but at least I have zill class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!