Saturday, March 12, 2011

YAAAAY Veil!

Day 71 of practice.

Today was awesome. I got to perform my veil solo, and while the veil and I had a little disagreement, I managed to keep my cool and make it part of the performance. I enjoyed it so much and I definitely want to keep working with my veil and look for other opportunities to dance with it.

I also got to see a lot of my local friends dance, including my teacher and some of my classmates. It was great! Not only that, but the owner of the studio and her husband gave us a Lindy Hop demo -- they were great and it was such a fun, unexpected addition to the hafla.

We were lucky enough to have live drummers, and after everyone had performed, there was open dancing. Much of it was freestyle, but we also spent a couple of songs dancing in an increasingly large tribal clock formation -- even the non-tribal dancers got in on the fun, and soon enough our circle had morphed into an oval that took up the entire room! What fun!

All in all it was a great night, and I really hope that Fonda and the Dance Loft will team up to host more haflas for the Tucson community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!