Monday, March 14, 2011

Well, now what?

Day 72 of practice.

The problem with spending a couple of months practicing for a performance is that once it's done, you have to figure out what to practice next. I want to keep working with my veil, because I love it, but I am a little tired of "Wandering Star", so it's time to work to a different song for a bit. Maybe back to "Pilgrimage of Lost Children"?

By the way, if you want to see my veil performance, click here because my awesome friend Dawn posted it on YouTube for me! Hooray!

So for tonight's practice, I took a little break from the veil and instead worked with my zills, and worked on my solo for Performance Prep Class. I should probably combine the two, because after all, I am doing a fast song so I should technically zill -- but I am a really weak solo zill player! I'm practicing, bur I don't think I'm good enough to play for my solo, even if it is just in class. We'll see.

I'm also sitting here working on my belly rolls. I'm trying really hard to be able to do sideways rolls, because I feel like I'm almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!