Sunday, January 30, 2011

Long, dance-filled day

Day 30 of practice.

Well, today I had much more than half an hour of dance practice! I spent two hours at a workshop taught by the lovely and talented Amanda Rose, and I had fun even though there was a lot of choreography (I'm such an improv girl!). We played belly dance tag for our warm-up, which was hilarious. Everyone was laughing by the end.

Then I met up with my friend Jen to practice for our performance. We danced in muddy grass and got dressed in the ASU student union bathroom. Getting ready for a performance is my ultimate girly-girl experience... comparing jewelry and make-up, admiring each other's new accessories, playing with hair, checking that everything looks good from behind, too. It's so much fun.

The performance was... not what I expected. I'm too tired now to get into the full thing, but suffice it to say that there was pretty much no one there. On the bright side, that meant there weren't a lot of people to see me get rushed and flub a few moves. We also participated in some open dancing to live music, which is a rare treat!

Video and perhaps pictures later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!