Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Belt!

Day 29 of practice.

I don't post a lot of pictures on this blog, so I'm rather amused that one of the only pics I've posted of myself is one of my backside. Also entertaining is the fact that even though I knew my husband was just taking a picture of my butt (by my request, I wanted to show off the belt), I immediately pulled myself into dance posture. It's become an ingrained habit!

The cool belt is my awesome find from the gem show today. The diamond-patterned panel is all beadwoven, and there are two smaller panels around the front. It looks simply awesome over my new peridot green skirt, and I know this for a fact because I just got done with giving tomorrow night's costume a test run!

My plan to practice as soon as the guys left was thwarted by my need to convert the straps on my bra (the last time I wore it, it kept creeping up), which took far longer than I expected. Then I had to get all dressed up, which involved running around the house finding all the different jewelry I wanted to wear. But I still got started before 10, which meant I had much more energy and enthusiasm.

I practiced lots of Anaya Tribal fast moves, since that's what we'll be performing tomorrow and I haven't danced with Jen for a while, so I don't know what moves she'll be busting out with. Plus I did some slow, because I always need the practice. And I spun around, because I was wearing a new 25 yard skirt and they demand spinning. I did not, however, practice veil. There were just too many rings on my hands! I'll get back to it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!