Monday, January 10, 2011

Good Practice, and Music Links

Day 11 of Practice

Just got done with another late-night practice. You would think that in the winter months, I would practice during the day when it's warmer, but no, I waste the warm hours working on the computer and then wonder why my muscles are so cold when I dance. I'll try to fix that this week.

Most of tonight's practice was just working on Anaya Tribal moves to my Homework playlist -- two songs each fast and slow -- plus practicing some solo moves to "Beauty Beats" by Beats Antique. But then I realized that I had a few minutes left, I wanted to practice my veil moves, and I was out of slow songs on that playlist. I switched over to my Slow playlist and found "Pilgrimage of Lost Children" by Lisa Gerrard. I don't practice to it often, because it's so slow and stately, but the mysterious vocals really suit the veil! I can't wait to learn more moves on Wednesday so I can continue to work to this beautiful song!

And speaking of music, if you direct your attention to the left-hand side of the screen, you'll see that I have begun to compile a list of bands mentioned on this blog! Be warned that many of the sites have music that plays automatically. They're also rather graphics-intensive, so if you're still on dial-up, you may be in for a long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!