Saturday, January 29, 2011

Switching up the play list

Day 28 of practice. That's 4 weeks!

If there's one bad thing about practicing every day, it's that I listen to the same songs 4-5 times a week, and I start to get sick of dancing to them. So I have to switch up my "Homework" play list every now and then. Tonight I swapped in the song that we'll be performing to on Sunday (no idea what it's called, or who it's by), some Dead Can Dance, an Omar Faruk Tekbilek remix, some Wolfsheim and some Stellamara. I might use the Stellamara song for my veil solo -- it's very pretty, and lends itself better to throwing in a few spins than my previous veil favorite, Pilgrimage of Lost Children.

The new play list is almost 40 minutes long, so I didn't go through the entire thing tonight, since I was tired. But tomorrow I plan to start practicing when the guys leave to go to D&D, so I'll go through the entire thing and a couple repetitions of our performance song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to ask questions, post encouragement, make jokes, and otherwise be a part of my blog!